These baked meatballs are yummy in my tummy! My friend Nora said it was the best meatballs she has ever had. 😀 Serve them with organic pizza sauce for dipping!
Adapted from Good Eats: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/baked-meatballs-recipe/index.html
- 1-½ lb. ground beef (100% grass-fed beef is best)
- 5 ounces frozen spinach, thawed and drained thoroughly
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan
- 1 whole egg
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried basil
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup bread crumbs for meat mixture, additional ½ for coating meatballs (we used Japanese Panko bread crumbs)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Dump all ingredients and 1/4 cup of the bread crumbs in a bowl. Mix well.
- Roll them into balls the size of a ping pong ball.
- Put some of the remaining bread crumbs in a mug. Place a meatball in, and shake it around to coat the meatball.
- Place on a baking sheet. Repeat with all the meatballs.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.