White Bean and Green Soup
This soup is creamy and delicious! You'll never guess it's also healthy. I don't like eating kale raw but I love it in this soup, it gives it a great texture and the soup clings on to the kale. I hope you enjoy it as much as me and my sister!
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil
- 8 large garlic cloves, crushed or minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cups cups chopped raw kale
- 4 cups cups low-fat, low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, such as cannellini or navy, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon chicken or vegetable better than buillon paste
- In a large pot, heat oil. Add garlic and onion and sauté until soft.
- Puree one can of beans (with its liquid) in a blender until smooth.
- Add broth, pureed beans, the other can of unpureed beans, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and bullion. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add kale and simmer until wilted.
- Ladle into bowls; sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Cook With Amber http://www.cookwithamber.com/