Woohoo we made it to the final week of my January #FeelGoodChallenge ! This week’s challenge is all about making better choices when you are craving something sweet. I want to end it with a bang by making my zucchini puffs (see recipe below). They are soft, moist, comforting and we use honey to sweeten them! They are a total family favorite and I have been eating them since I was little. We pop them in the freezer so we always have a snack on hand and they are still delicious even when they are frozen! I am super excited to share them with you guys!
Zucchini puffs are perfect for this week’s challenge because they are a healthier choice when it comes to desserts! To help you more, I made a YouTube playlist with all of my delicious dessert recipes so you will have endless possibilities. All of them are mouthwatering and will definitely scratch that sweet itch without going off the deep end.
Here is the playlist:
Also don’t forget to follow me on my social media because I will be updating you guys every day on how I’m doing with this challenge… and it’s going to be difficult because I definitely have a sweet tooth! 😀
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 egg
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- Cream butter add honey. Add egg and beat well.
- Combine flour, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, rolled oats, and raisins in a separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture alternately with zucchini to egg mixture.
- Drop by teaspoon onto a cooked sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 375 Degree F oven for 10-15 minutes (time may vary as all ovens are different.)