Week 3 of my January # FeelGoodChallenge is here and it’s all about getting more veggies on our plates. I wanted to share one of my favorite veggie dishes: My green bean salad wth a tangy mustard vinaigrette! The green beans still have a crunch to them, you have the bite from the red onion, nutty almonds and a creamy tangy salty dressing that is fantastic! It’s SO good in fact, that Jamie Oliver wanted it on his FoodTube channel! So here is the actual cooking video on Food Tube:
This is pretty simple to make and it is perfect as a side of a main dish, or even by itself!
- 1/2 pound green beans
- 1 small shallot
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and trim your green beans. Cut them in half, or bite-size pieces.
- Using a steamer of your choice, steam the beans for about 4 minutes, or until bright green and just cooked but still crunchy and not mushy. Let it drain.
- Toast the slivered almonds until golden brown and fragrant. Be careful not to burn them!
- Finely chop the shallot and parsley.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, and mustard until emulsified. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To the bowl, add the green beans, shallot, parsley, and almonds. Mix until everything is coated with the dressing.
- Serve warm, cold, or at room temperature. Enjoy!
This dish is perfect for this week’s challenge because we are going to try to get half our plate to be veggies! If you need some inspiration, I made a YouTube playlist with a TON of my veggie recipes. You guys are gonna kill it!
Watch the playlist:
I’ll be on social media every day to let you know how I’m doing. See you there!