Thank you so much, Kristi and Washington Grown! I had a blast, and this segment is really great!
The entire episode can be seen here.
The Best Hummus
I don't want to brag, but I really do think this is the best hummus ever! We've been asked for the recipe so many times, and asked to bring it to parties, that we now end up making it about every other week. The main difference is that we omit the traditional tahini (sesame paste) and we add in enough lemon and olive oil to make it extra creamy and smooth. If you try it, you'll see why it's become famous among our family and friends!
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cans garbanzo beans (also called chickpeas), drained
- Juice from 1.5 - 2 lemons (or more)
- Extra-virgin olive oil, about 1/2 cup or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Parsley for garnish
- Veggies for serving, such as carrots, celery, cucumber, bell peppers, cauliflower and broccoli florets
- In a food processor, process the garlic to chop it up.
- Add the garbanzo beans, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- While the processor is running, slowly drizzle in the olive oil, scraping the sides of the bowl at least once. Make sure your hummus isn't too thick. Add more olive oil or lemon to make it loose and creamy. Adjust seasonings.
Cook With Amber http://www.cookwithamber.com/