Let all the flavor soak into the pasta as it cooks! Broth, tomatoes, garlic, basil, and greens come together to create the ultimate flavor bomb…and you only have one pot to wash! That’s a win-win situation. 😍
- 500g package of spaghetti (or pasta of choice)
- 800g ripe tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs fresh basil, sliced into ribbons
- 125ml extra virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling at the end
- 5 cups water, low-sodium chicken stock, or vegetable stock
- 250g kale
- 250g chard
- Bring your water or stock to a boil in a pot that is large enough for the spaghetti to lay flat on the bottom. If it doesn't, then break your spaghetti in half first.
- When the stock or water comes to a boil. Crush the garlic using a garlic press, and add that to the spaghetti pot, along with the red pepper flakes, oil, and salt.
- Mix, then add the pasta, making sure it is all submerged in the water.
- Roughly chop the tomatoes, and put them in the pot with the spaghetti.
- Meanwhile, de-stem the kale and chard, and rip them into bite-sized pieces.
- Let the pasta simmer for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally so the pasta doesn't stick.
- Add the kale and chard, and let it cook a bit more until the pasta is el dente, about 2 more minutes.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve it with olive oil drizzled on top, and sprinkled with fresh basil.