Grilled Fruit Skewers
This isn't really a recipe, but it's so good, it deserved its own recipe card! The fruit gets so sweet, juicy, with a hint of smoke. DJ BBQ and I made these, and it tasted so amazing that it was hard to believe that all we did was grill them!
- Fruit for grilling, such as pineapple, strawberries, mango, peaches, apples, figs, bananas, even watermelon! You don't want them too ripe and soft - choose fruits that are still a bit firm.
- Make sure your grill is clean so your fruit doesn't pick up the flavors from your last meal.
- Light your grill and set it to medium to high heat.
- Wash, peel, and pit your fruit as needed.
- Chop your fruit into bite-sized chunks, about 1-1/2 inches.
- Spear them onto your skewers.
- Place your skewers onto your grill, and turn every 3-5 minutes so you have grill marks on all sides.
Cook With Amber http://www.cookwithamber.com/