Warm, sweet tomatoes, tangy Balsamic vinegar, and arugula (or rocket, for some of you) over tender chicken…now that’s a perfect bite! It’s full of flavor and easy to make. This is perfect for dinner TONIGHT! 😀
This dish so delicious, it won me a Mini-Challenge on the first episode of Food Network’s Rachael vs. Guy Kids’ Cook Off (unfortunately, most of it was edited out of the episode)!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast havles, about 6 oz (185 g) each
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- ¼ cup shallots, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1.5 cups cherry and pear tomatoes, preferably a mix of colors and shapes, stemmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, torn and packed
- 2 cups fresh arugula or rocket
- Pound Chicken Thin: One at a time, place the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and lightly pound with a meat pounder to a thickness of about 1/2 inch (12 mm). Season the chicken generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cook Chicken: In a large nonstick frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the pan, add the chicken and reduce the heat to medium. Cook, turning once, until nicely browned and opaque throughout, 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer each piece to a plate as it is finished and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Add the shallots and garlic to the frying pan and cook, stirring often, until softened, 3-4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and vinegar and cook, still stirring often, until the tomatoes begin to soften and split, about 4 minutes. Stir in the basil and arugula, and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place a chicken breast on each of 4 warmed individual plates and spoon the warm tomato salad on top. Serve right away.