Warm, sweet tomatoes, tangy Balsamic vinegar, and arugula (or rocket, for some of you) over tender chicken…now that’s a perfect bite! It’s full of flavor and easy to make. This is perfect for dinner TONIGHT! 😀
This dish so delicious, it won me a Mini-Challenge on the first episode of Food Network’s Rachael vs. Guy Kids’ Cook Off (unfortunately, most of it was edited out of the episode)!
Sautéed Chicken with Warm Tomato and Arugula Salad
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast havles, about 6 oz (185 g) each
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- ¼ cup shallots, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1.5 cups cherry and pear tomatoes, preferably a mix of colors and shapes, stemmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, torn and packed
- 2 cups fresh arugula or rocket
- Pound Chicken Thin: One at a time, place the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of plastic wrap and lightly pound with a meat pounder to a thickness of about 1/2 inch (12 mm). Season the chicken generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Cook Chicken: In a large nonstick frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the pan, add the chicken and reduce the heat to medium. Cook, turning once, until nicely browned and opaque throughout, 4-5 minutes per side. Transfer each piece to a plate as it is finished and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Add the shallots and garlic to the frying pan and cook, stirring often, until softened, 3-4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and vinegar and cook, still stirring often, until the tomatoes begin to soften and split, about 4 minutes. Stir in the basil and arugula, and season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, place a chicken breast on each of 4 warmed individual plates and spoon the warm tomato salad on top. Serve right away.
Cook With Amber http://www.cookwithamber.com/
Hi Amber!!!! This is Mia Scott. I absolutely love this recipe!!! It is just great!!!! Anyways, I have had this question for a really long time. What is the song that is usually playing in your videos??? It was playing in the beginning of this video, the Rachael vs Guy Kids Cookoff video six final recap, and most others. I would love to hear back from you if you get a chance!!!! Thx, ttyl!!!! From: Mia Scott
Hi Mia! Thank you so much! I am so sorry but I am not sure what song plays at the beginning of the videos. I think it is just a song that comes with the video editing app we use. Thanks for asking though! 🙂
Hi Amber!!! Thanks for your reply!!! Don’t be sorry!!! I have one more quick question though. I additioned for Rachael vs Guy Kids Cookoff like I said in other messages. When will I find out if I have been casted??? More inportantly, how will I find out??? How did you find out??? Anyways, thanks!! From Mia Scott
Hi Amber! I am an absolute huge fan of yours. I’m 13 and living on the east coast. From the start of Rachel vs Guy kids cook off I was on your side. And even though you didn’t get your own show, you still rock the house! I love the way you have a strong passion for cooking healthy meals and I think it’s a great message for all audiences! Now school is right around the Corning so I was hoping you could take notice in this comment and hopefully post a video on a few quick and easy healthy meals for school! Thank you so much and stay awesome!! Love you❤️
Hi Lulu! Thank you so much! I am glad you liked the show! I will try to get a video like that out because that sounds great! In the mean time you can get some back to school videos on my channel that i did a few years back. Thanks for your email!