- Fruit for grilling, such as pineapple, strawberries, mango, peaches, apples, figs, bananas, even watermelon! You don't want them too ripe and soft - choose fruits that are still a bit firm.
- Make sure your grill is clean so your fruit doesn't pick up the flavors from your last meal.
- Light your grill and set it to medium to high heat.
- Wash, peel, and pit your fruit as needed.
- Chop your fruit into bite-sized chunks, about 1-1/2 inches.
- Spear them onto your skewers.
- Place your skewers onto your grill, and turn every 3-5 minutes so you have grill marks on all sides.
Bart is an expert on seafood, and he shared with me this traditional cooking method he learned in Madrid. All of the juices and flavors stay in the shrimp, and so it’s tender and perfectly cooked! It goes so well with my Lemon-Basil Dipping Sauce!