You will see that this is super easy, and super yummy! It goes great with Yummy Lime-y Coconut Chicken Soup! 😀
Refreshing Thai Cucumber Salad
This is super easy, and super yummy! It goes great with Yummy Lime-y Coconut Chicken Soup! 😀
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced small
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped dry roasted peanuts (preferably Valencia peanuts)
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1-1/2 tsp. sugar, to taste
- Cut the cucumber lengthwise, then again twice for each half so you end up with 6 long strips. Chop the cucumbers across the strips so you have small bite-sized pieces of cucumber.
- Place the cucumber, minced shallot, green onion, red pepper, and cilantro in a bowl.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing.
- Pour about half of the dressing over the salad and toss. Taste to see if you need more - this dressing is strong, so add a little at a time!
- Sprinkle roasted peanuts over the top and serve.
Cook With Amber http://www.cookwithamber.com/
The first time I made it was sooo