This is an easy meal that kids can make, that your family and friends will love! Chicken, zucchini, pine nuts, and pasta come together with pesto. I hope you like it!
Pesto Pasta with Zucchini and Chicken
- 8oz. package bite-sized pasta, such as bow ties or penne (we use gluten-free quinoa pasta)
- 1 teaspoon grape seed oil
- 1 - 2 organic zucchinis, cut length-wise and then sliced into half-coins
- 1 - 2 cups shredded cooked organic chicken
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 cup or more of your favorite basil pesto sauce
- Cook pasta el dente according to package directions.
- In a dry pan, toast the pine nuts until they are a little toasted on the edges. Be careful not to burn them! Place in a large bowl.
- To the same pan, add a little oil to the pan, and sauteé the zucchini. When they are cooked through, add that to the large bowl.
- To the bowl with pine nuts and zucchini, add your chicken, pesto sauce, and cooked pasta. Toss and enjoy!
Cook With Amber http://www.cookwithamber.com/