These are to die for! It only uses 4 ingredients and they are easy to make! Use any shape cookie cutter, but we used a heart for Valentine’s Day 🙂
Peanut Butter Jelly Apples (P.B.J.A.s)
These are to die for! It only uses 4 ingredients and they are easy to make! Use any shape cookie cutter, but we used a heart for Valentine's Day 🙂
- Nut butter (100% Valencia peanut butter is best)
- Jam or jelly (no-seed jelly works best, and get the brightest red color you can get!)
- Fruit leather
- Small cookie cutter
- Slice the apples about 1/4 inch thick, horizontally.
- Group the slices into pairs that will be used to make the little sandwiches.
- For those slices where there is very little core (small enough to just eat), spread peanut butter over the entire slice. Cut a heart-shape (or any shape) out of the other slice, taking out its core. Place it on top of the slice with peanut butter. Add a dollop of jam inside the cut-out, and spread to cover up the cut-out.
- For those slices where the core is too tough to eat, use a cookie cutter to cut the core out of both the bottom and top slices. Spread peanut butter over the bottom slice. Take a piece of fruit leather and place it over the hole, and top with the top apple slice. Add a dollop of jam inside the cut-out, and spread to cover up the cut-out.
Cook With Amber http://www.cookwithamber.com/