Who loves mashed potatoes?! I love them so much, I could probably live off them… These mashed potatoes are perfumed with olive oil, and perfectly creamy, fluffy, and heavenly…and did I mention dairy free? This is good news for me, because dairy makes my skin break out. I have made these the past few years for Thanksgiving dinner and people always rave about them, so I’m really excited to show you guys because I think you are gonna love it!
- 10 Yukon Gold potatoes
- 3/4 cup of olive oil to start, add as much as needed
- Salt and paper to taste
- In a large pot, bring to boil enough water to cover the potatoes by 2 inches.
- While the water is coming to a boil, peel and chop the potatoes into approximately equal pieces.
- Add a teaspoon of salt to the water, and add the potatoes (the water doesn't have to be boiling yet.)
- Cook the potatoes until tender all the way through, so that you can easily pierce a fork through the potato.
- Drain the potatoes, and let it sit in the colander for about 5 minutes to let the moisture evaporate.
- Use a potato ricer to mash the potatoes into another large bowl.
- Once all potatoes are mashed, add about 1/2 to 3/4 cups of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste, and gently mix the potato mixture.
- Add as much olive oil as needed to achieve the perfect texture, and adjust seasoning.