Pancakes don’t have to full of sugar! These are kid-approved, super yummy, and so easy to make. It’s winter and strawberries aren’t in season, but all you need are some frozen strawberries and few more ingredients to whip these up. My sister and I gobbled these up in seconds!
This is part of #MyPancakeDay, and a bunch of us from Food Tube are using Jamie Oliver’s batter and twisting it up to make it our own. My healthy twist are strawberries – but you’ll see at the end of the video that everyone’s got their unique twist! How will you twist it? Share your photo or video with #MyPancakeDay and let us know!
- 1 mug of self-rising flour
- 1 mug of milk
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- About 10 oz frozen strawberries, thawed and chopped into small pieces
- About 10 oz frozen strawberries, thawed
- 4 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Make the batter by combining flour, milk, egg, salt, and strawberries. Let it sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put all of the strawberry sauce in a blender and blend to make the fresh sauce.
- When the skillet is hot, pour the batter by the spoonful. When it's golden brown on one side, flip. You will notice that the strawberries will start to cook and its juices will ooze out of the pancake!
- When both sides are golden brown, pancakes are done!
- Drizzle the strawberry sauce on the pancakes and enjoy.