This Mango Raspberry Coconut Sorbet is something that when you make once, you’ll make over and over…it’s SO DELICIOUS and easy to make! It really shows off the sweet mango, which is complimented by tart raspberries and the silky coconut milk. It’s a great treat on a hot day, and you can even serve it as an elegant dessert!
There aren’t many things more mouthwatering and delicious than a ripe, tender, sweet mango, But sometimes it can be hard to choose the right one. So, as we make the sorbet, I’ll show you how to pick the PERFECT mango, and easy ways to cut it up perfectly! Mangos are one of my favorite fruits, and they are in season RIGHT NOW!
Here are a few ways to find the perfect mango:
- You can do the squeeze test like you would with an avocado or peach
- Do NOT go off of color, because there are so many different varieties with different colors
- For the honey mango, you tell if it is ripe by the wrinkles
Thank you so so much to the National mango board for the mangoes and for your amazing website that literally taught me so many cool mango facts and recipes. You guys should definitely check it out at mango.org !
- 5 cups chopped mango
- 1 can coconut milk (not the type you drink)
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, divided
- Dice ripe mangos using the techniques I show in the video.
- Place the diced mangos on parchment paper on a baking sheet, and place in the freezer until completely frozen, about 4-8 hours. Frozen mangos can be kept in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
- Put the frozen mangos in a food processor, along with coconut milk (the cream as well as the water), lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, sugar, vanilla, and almond milk.
- Start by pulsing the mixture in the food processor, then process until smooth.
- Scoop the mixture into a baking dish, and freeze for 5 or more hours.
- Scoop out into bowls, and enjoy!