Lime Chicken Tacos
Zingy lime-y chicken tacos served in a warm tortilla
- 1 ½ lbs. organic, free-range chicken breast meat, shredded (we roast 2 bone-in, skinned breasts in the oven at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes, take off the skin & bones, and then shred it. This makes really juicy chicken!)
- ⅛ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup roughly chopped cilantro
- Extra limes for squeezing on top
- Flour tortillas
- Tomato, diced
- Avocado, cubed
- Shredded lettuce
- Pico de Gallo (see recipe on my website)
- Place the chicken in a medium saucepan.
- Add vinegar, lime juice, sugar, salt, pepper, green onion, garlic and oregano. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and stir.
- Heat an iron skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the pan to toast lightly. Flip as needed. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Serve lime chicken mixture in warm tortillas with a generous squeeze of lime on top, and sprinkle salt to taste. Add toppings and enjoy!
Cook With Amber http://www.cookwithamber.com/