Kelly Koopmans of KOMO TV4 News came to our house to do a story on healthy school lunches. This is a really cute segment, I thought they did a really good job! It was fun to have cameras set up in my house.
School lunches can be fun and easy to make too! There are many ideas but I shared my favorite – the Lunchbox Pizzeria.
- Organic pizza sauce
- Plain crackers (gluten-free, if possible)
- Grape tomatoes
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Ham, sliced and cut small enough to place on cracker
- Chicken or turkey sausage
- Put the pizza sauce in an air-tight container.
- Place all other ingredients in the lunchbox. They look nicer if the ingredients are separated! Cupcake liners are great for this.
- The crackers should be packed separately so they stay crisp.