Happy (almost) Valentines’ Day! Barry from @MyVirginKitchen challenged me to a #deleBAKE, and THIS is my video answer! Not only is the recipe baked, but it’s also healthy, super yummy, and perfect for Valentine’s Day!
I challenge all of YOU as well as my friend Danny McCubbin of Cooking for Good to a #deleBAKE! Just create a video of anything you bake – it can be sweet or savory – then share it with the tag #deleBAKE (it’s like “delegate”) and challenge a few of your friends to keep the #deleBAKE going! It’s fun! 😀
Check out Danny at Cooking for Good: http://www.youtube.com/myvirginkitchen
And also check out Barry of My Virgin Kitchen: http://www.youtube.com/myvirginkitchen
Happy Valentine’s Day!
- 3 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup cranberries
- ½ cup toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 ½ cups Valencia Peanut Butter
- 1 cup honey
- ¼ cup melted butter (or non-dairy alternative, such as Earth Balance)
- (Optional) Nuts, such as cashews
- (Optional) Chocolate chunks
- Red fruit leather (organic, all-natural)
- Extra peanut butter
- Combine oats, raisins, cranberries, sesame seeds, flax seeds, cinnamon, salt, chia seeds, and chocolate chunks in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, honey, and peanut butter and mix to combine.
- After allowing it to cool a bit, pour the peanut butter goo into the large bowl and mix well so that all of the oats, fruit, and seeds are coated with the goo.
- Lay some parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Place some of the dough inside a large heart-shaped cookie cutter and using a small spoon, press down to pack the dough in tightly in the cookie cutter. While pressing down on the dough, carefully remove the cookie cutter, leaving a heart-shaped dough. Use the spoon to pat down any edge that is sticking out.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 350F degrees for 15 minutes. Refrigerate until hard, about 30 minutes.
- With the smaller heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out heart shapes from red fruit leather.
- Using a little bit of peanut butter, glue the heart-shaped fruit leather to the bottom side of the granola bar (it's flat so the leather will stick better.)
- You can keep it frozen, or in the refrigerator. They are great for Valentine's Day parties, and for school snacks! Enjoy!