It’s summer! Nothing is better than nice, cool, sweet frozen treats in to cool us off. Many frozen treats you buy at the store are full of artificial colors, artificial flavors, and preservatives. On Q13 FOX News, I shared some great ideas for creating your own treats at home – it’s so much more healthy, and delicious too! You’ll have fun making them, like me and my sister do!
- Peanut Butter (100% Valencia peanut butter is best)
- (optoinal) high quality chocolate chips
- Slice the bananas. About a 1/4 inch thick works well for peanut butter sandwiches, but if you are just topping banana with chocolate, they can be even thicker.
- Put parchment paper on a surface that can be put into the freezer. Put a dollop of about 1/4 teaspoon of peanut butter on one slice of banana. Press another slice on top to spread the peanut butter to the sides.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring every 15 seconds until smooth.
- Pour a little bit of the chocolate on top of the banana, and gently spread to cover the top.
- Place the bananas into the freezer.
- Frozen Bananas, about 2 small
- Frozen Raspberries, about a cup
- 1 Tablespoon or more water or unsweetened almond milk
- Place frozen bananas and raspberries in the blender. Add a little water or almond milk.
- Blend, mushing down the fruit as you go. Because this is ice cream and not a smoothie, you don’t want to put too much liquid in – just enough to allow it to move in the blender.
- 1 ripe avocado
- ¼ cup (or more) raw cacao powder
- 3 Tablespoons (or more) pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon (or more) vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup water
- pinch of sea salt
- Combine all ingredients into a blender and blend well.
- Taste, and if needed, add more cacao, maple syrup, vanilla, or salt.
- Pour into your popsicle mold, and let it freeze for about 6 hours, or until frozen. You may have to run the fudgsicle mold under some water to loosen it from the mold.