DJ BBBQ, the master of BBQ, gives us tips on how to use the charcoal grill, and why grilling fruit is THE THING right now! Grilling fruit brings out its sweetness, and makes it juicy and a bit smokey. You could dip grilled fruit in various sauces, but it is amazing just plain off the grill! Check out the video!
I was nervous when we first went to meet Christian, but he was super nice and made me feel welcome. He even gave me a hat and a copy of his new cookbook! Awesome!
The skewers were SO DELICIOUS!
Filming was super fun.
…and Christian was super fun!
We rode home together on the Tube.
Thank you so much, Christian, for teaching me so much, and for a really fun afternoon! I will treasure your goof-proof spatula always 😀
- Fruit for grilling, such as pineapple, strawberries, mango, peaches, apples, figs, bananas, even watermelon! You don't want them too ripe and soft - choose fruits that are still a bit firm.
- Make sure your grill is clean so your fruit doesn't pick up the flavors from your last meal.
- Light your grill and set it to medium to high heat.
- Wash, peel, and pit your fruit as needed.
- Chop your fruit into bite-sized chunks, about 1-1/2 inches.
- Spear them onto your skewers.
- Place your skewers onto your grill, and turn every 3-5 minutes so you have grill marks on all sides.