Apples are in season! Use them to make my Grandma’s Chicken Apple Salad. It’s so yummy and easy to make! In the video I agree with Bill Wixey that the dressing is low fat but actually it’s not – the extra virgin olive oil is fat. BUT we don’t heat it so it’s a healthy fat!
I hope you like it!
- 4 Green Apples (such as Granny Smith,) chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 bunch Celery chopped
- 4 each Chicken breast cooled and shredded
- 1 bunch Green onion sliced thin
- 2 Eggs
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- 4 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup Olive oil
- Combine the salad ingredients.
- To make the dressing, combine eggs, salt, garlic powder, dry mustard, pepper and cider vinegar in a food processor. While the food processor is running, slowly dribble the olive oil for a thick, creamy dressing. Warning: the dressing by itself doesn't taste great, it's a little bitter. But when it's mixed with the apples, chicken, celery and green onions, it's amazing! 🙂
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat evenly.
- Refrigerate overnight, adjust seasonings, and serve.