This is a yummy granola bar full of healthy ingredients that you can keep in the fridge or freezer and grab one to go! It’s a great snack to take to school, too. These granola bars disappear quickly at our house. I hope you like them too!
Good-For-You Granola Bars
- 3 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup cranberries
- ½ cup toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 ½ cups Valencia Peanut Butter
- 1 cup honey
- ¼ cup melted butter (or non-dairy alternative, such as Earth Balance)
- (Optional) Nuts, such as cashews
- (Optional) Chocolate chunks
- Combine Dry Ingredients: Combine oats, raisins, cranberries, sesame seeds, flax seeds, cinnamon, salt and chia seeds in a large bowl.
- Make Glue: In a small saucepan, melt the butter, honey, and peanut butter and mix to combine.
- Combine: Pour the peanut butter goo into the large bowl and mix well so that all of the oats, fruit, and seeds are coated with the goo.
- Prep Baking Pan: In a greased 9×13 baking pan, lay parchment paper inside, allowing edges to come up over the edges of the pan on two sides.
- Pour: Pour the mixture into the pan, and press down with additional parchment paper so it is compressed. If desired, sprinkle some chocolate chunks on top.
- Bake, Refrigerate, Cut: Bake in the preheated oven at 350F degrees for 15 minutes. Refrigerate until hard, about 30 minutes (Put in freezer if you are low on time.) Cut into bars.
Cook With Amber http://www.cookwithamber.com/
I was wondering if i could get the information on the healthy chocolate bar u used on top of the granola bars ..
Hi Tracy, we used a part of a Theo Chocolate bar. Theo makes organic chocolate bars from the cacao pod, and we took a really fun tour of their factory in Seattle. They have so many flavors! Check them out: https://www.theochocolate.com
Your granola bars were so deliicous. I was going to ask for the recipe and here you read my mind. Thank you so much for the recipe. I can’t wait to make them. I hope they turn out just like yours.
I LOVED THEM
your recipes are just awesome. I really enjoyed these. I used different peanut butter but it didn’t make a difference. Thank you for always posting your recipes in an easy to print format!
Your recipes are awesome!! Everything I have made so far has turned out great and these granola bars were a huge hit!
Your recipes are easy to follow and have just the right amount of ingredients.
Thank you so much for creating such healthy, wholesome, delicious and nutritious food! I’m making the grain-free raspberry muffins next 🙂
Thank you so much Alison! Enjoy the muffins 😀