My friend Brien Blakely is a news anchor at FOX 46 Charlotte, and he was able to get me an invitation to Good Day Charlotte! I had such an amazing time! I met new people, saw new things and I got to share my recipes. I wanted to take you guys along on the ride so here are some photos of the awesome time I had!
Getting ready for my segment!
I met Page Crawford! She was the anchor who I got to cook with for my segment. Not only was she super sweet and funny, but she was SO tall that she had to take her heels off for the segment (and this photo) so I didn’t look tiny!
Thank you to Page and everyone who gave me this awesome opportunity! I had so much fun. After my segment all of the anchors and camera men cleared out of the studio so Lexi, Brien and I got to mess around on set and pretended we were getting interviewed.
It was such a fun morning!
Here are the recipes from the segment.
- 1c freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups of lavender-infused water (recipe follows)
- 36 drops of liquid Stevia (or to taste)
- 1.5 cups water
- Lemon slices for garnish
- 4 Tablespoons dried lavender flowers
- 2 cups water
- In a saucepan, add the water and bring to a boil. Move the pan off the heat, add the lavender flowers, and let it steep for 20 minutes. Let it cool completely before adding to the lemonade.
- In a pitcher, combine the lemon juice, lavender water, stevia, water, and ice. The lavender water and lemon mix to create a beautiful pink color! Chill in the refrigerator. Serve cold, garnished with lemon slices. To use sugar instead of liquid stevia: Replace stevia with 6 tablespoons of sugar dissolve in the boiling water before adding the lavender.
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves and stems
- 3 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbs chopped onion
- 1 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, add the garlic cloves and chop fine.
- Scrape down the sides, and add all of the ingredients except the oil. Pulse together.
- While the food processor is running, slowly add the olive oil, scraping sides as needed, until the sauce is smooth.
- Enjoy drizzled over barbecued chicken, over grilled flank steak, grilled shrimp, or serve in a little cup for dipping crudités! It's delicious!