My friend’s family gave us these giant Alaskan King Crab, so we had to share our 3 dipping sauces – Garlic Chive Butter, spicy-sweet Diablo Sauce, and my extra-sour Favorite Tartar Sauce! You’ll please everyone with these 3 sauces. I think crab is one of my new favorite foods 😀
Thank you to the Swasand family for giving us this amazing crab! What a treat!
- 1 pickle
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 shallot
- 1 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Pickle juice, to taste
- Small handful of parsley
- Mince the pickle and shallot. Chop the parsley.
- Add black pepper, lemon juice, and chopped parsley, the pickle, and shallot to the mayonnaise and mix well.
- Add 1/4 tsp of pickle juice at a time, until you it is as salty and sour as you like.
- Sprinkle with some more parsley, and serve.
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 8 Tbs butter
- 2 Tbs chives
- Take a tablespoon of butter and melt over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Crush the garlic, and add it to the butter along with the chili flakes. Cook for a minute or two.
- Add the chives and the rest of the butter, and let the butter melt completely.
- 1/4 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbs butter, ghee, or grapeseed oil
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 8 oz diced tomatoes
- 1-1/2 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop the onion, and crush garlic.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat, and add the onion and garlic. Sauté until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the paprika, chili powder, and cumin. Cook for a minute or two.
- Add the brown sugar, and let it melt and bubble.
- Add the tomatoes and stir, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan.
- Add the contents of the pan to a blender, and blend until nice and smooth.
- Add lemon juice and stir.
- Serve warm, or at room temperature.