Dinner tonight was so good and so easy I just had to share all the photos! I didn’t take any video so I can’t make a video episode but we will DEFINITELY be making these again, so next time we will film it!
We used cod. We marinated it in a lime/cilantro/oil/salt marinade for an hour or so.
Mango salsa. 1 mango, 1/2 avocado, 1/4 red onion diced small, salt, lime juice. We probably didn’t need this AND the pico de gallo.
PICO! This was SOOOO GOOOOOD!!! Avocado, tomato, red onion diced small, chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt. We forgot the garlic but we didn’t miss it at all! OMG the best and so simple!
This Pico de Gallo is TO DIE FOR!
Cilantro for garnish in the tacos
Limes to squeeze onto your tacos!
Sweet peppers and onions sautéed in dry pan with salt and pepper until charred on the edges.
Grilled shrimp, because we thought maybe Lexi wouldn’t like the fish (but turned out she loved the fish too!) Marinated in salt, oil, and a little taco seasoning.
Slaw! My dad loved this the most. Shredded cabbage with a sauce I made up: a little mayo, lime juice chopped chives and cilantro, salt, and lemon juice.
Corn tortilla, grilled on the BBQ. We looked through all the different packages of tortillas at the store and the flour ones had a whole bunch of preservatives and hydrogenated oils. These corn tortillas are made with a few natural ingredients.
Every taco is different.
- 1 pound white flaky fish, such as cod
- 1/4 cup grape seed oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado, chopped into chunks
- 2 cups of tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Lime juice, about 3 tablespoons (1 juicy lime)
- 1/2-1 tsp of salt, to taste
- Red cabbage, shredded thin
- 2 Tbs mayo
- Juice of 1 lime
- Chopped cilantro
- Onion, sliced
- Bell pepper, sliced
- Limes to squeeze on tacos
- Chopped cilantro
- Pico de gallo
- Cabbage slaw
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place fish in a medium size dish. Whisk together the oil, lime juice, and cilantro and pour over the fish. Let marinate for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the fish from the marinade place onto a hot grill, flesh side down. Grill the fish for 4 minutes on the first side and then flip for 30 seconds and remove. Let rest for 5 minutes then flake the fish with a fork.
- Place the corn tortillas on the grill and grill for 20 seconds. Divide the fish among the tortillas and garnish with any or all of the garnishes.