Hi everyone, this episode is one of my favorites – Teriyaki Chicken Lettuce wraps. The video is also an entry to Jamie Oliver’s contest called “Search for a Food Tube Star.”
Jamie really works to improve nutrition in schools and teaches kids all over the world to cook simple, healthy meals. He’s so cool! And so is this contest!
The winner gets some video equipment and mentoring from his Food Tube video team, which would be amazing. There are many great entries showcased on his Food Tube channel on YouTube, check them out! 🙂
I hope you enjoy this video. We had fun making it, and you’ll see we tried a bunch of new ways to take the video. It was fun, and we learned a lot!
- Chicken thigh or breast, cut into 2-inch cubes
- Teriyaki sauce, enough to cover the chicken in a plastic bag (make sure it has no MSG or artificial colors or flavors!)
- 1 T red miso paste
- 1 T water
- 1/2 t soy sauce
- 1 t lemon juice
- 1 english cucumber
- 1 t salt
- Bibb lettuce
- Cooked brown rice (optional)
- Carrot shavings (you can use a potato peeler), for color and garnish
- Marinate the chicken in a plastic bag with the teriyaki sauce for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Mix the dressing ingredients until the miso is dissolved.
- Make a campfire, and roast the chicken either on a stick, or in a grilling basket.
- While the chicken is roasting, slice the cucumbers thin using a mandolin (this could be done ahead of time as well.) Sprinkle the salt on the cucumbers, and toss to distribute evenly. Let the cucumbers sit for a half hour. Squeeze the water out of the cucumbers.
- To assemble, place some rice and a few pieces of chicken in your bibb lettuce, top with some crunchy cucumber, carrot shavings, and a drizzle of the miso sauce. Yummy!