I was a little crazy in this video – sorry! But I hope you can get through it to see how easy it is to make these hilarious little deviled chicks. Take them to an Easter party!
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 teaspoons mustard (regular or Dijon)
- 1 teaspoon (or more) fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons (or more) mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut a slice off the bottom of your egg so that it will sit up
- Cut off the top third of the egg, and dig out the yolk using a small spoon.
- Add the mustard, lemon juice, mayo, salt, and pepper and mash until very smooth and creamy. Add more juice or mayo to desired consistency.
- Put the egg yolk mixture in one corner of a large ziplock bag, and seal after taking as much air out as possible. Twist the bag right above the egg yolk mixture, snip a bit of the bag off at the tip to create a make-shift pastry bag.
- Pipe the egg yolk mixture into the egg white bottoms. Place the egg white caps back on the piped egg yolks.
- Cut little beaks out of carrots, and use currants for eyes, and decorate your chicks. Enjoy!
Cook With Amber http://www.cookwithamber.com/
These are just so cute & easy for both adults & kids to make. Great to take to a party.