Who here loves oatmeal?! My personal favorite is apple cinnamon oatmeal. Using steel-cut oats is a must – it’s got great texture that isn’t mushy. You can make oatmeal many ways, but I think this version tastes like holiday heaven and it is the perfect thing for winter mornings! My sister and I love it!
#DecemberCountdown #HappyHolidays #HolidayBreakfast #AppleCinnamon
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 4 cups water
- 2 TBSP maple syrup (or more depending on your taste)
- 1 large apple, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or more depending on your preference)
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Combine the oats and water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and add apples, cinnamon and nutmeg. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in maple syrup and continue to simmer for another 10 minutes, or until the oats are soft (but still have bite!) and thickened to your liking.