This is my family’s potato leek soup! It’s so creamy, but it is actually dairy-free. It warms you to the bone and it’s a perfect holiday dinner.
Check out this super old video! I think I’m 9 or 10 years old here… 😝
- 1 cup organic butter (or organic dairy-free butter substitute, such as Earth Balance)
- 2 leeks, sliced and cleaned thoroughly
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch or cornstarch
- 4 cups Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and diced
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook leeks in butter with salt and pepper until tender, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes.
- Stir cornstarch into broth and pour broth into pot.
- Add the potatoes and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer at least 30 minutes, until potatoes are tender.
#DecemberCountdown #HappyHolidays #Soup #HealthyRecipe