This is my family’s potato leek soup! It’s so creamy, but it is actually dairy-free. It warms you to the bone and it’s a perfect holiday dinner.
Check out this super old video! I think I’m 9 or 10 years old here… 😝
Creamy Potato Leek Soup
- 1/2 cup/1 stick/113 g unsalted butter
- 2 leeks sliced thinly and cleaned thoroughly
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch or cornstarch
- 4 cups/946 ml chicken stock
- 2 large Yukon gold potatoes peeled and diced (about 4 cups/440 g)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Cook the leeks in butter with salt and pepper to taste, stirring frequently, until tender, about 15 minutes.
In a bowl, whisk the starch into the chicken broth until it has dissolved, making sure there are no lumps. Pour the stock into the pot that contains the leeks.
Add the potatoes and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to low and simmer, partially covered, for about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
Working in batches, place about 1/3 of the soup in a blender. Put the lid on but remove the cap, and cover the hole with a kitchen towel. Blend until creamy and smooth. Repeat for the rest of the soup.
Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
#DecemberCountdown #HappyHolidays #Soup #HealthyRecipe