New video is up! It’s my Cinnamon Thyme Sweet Potato Purée! This is the perfect side dish for a holiday party or dinner. Its creamy, velvety and the cinnamon and thyme really bring out the holiday flavors. You must try this… it is mouthwatering! Oh and did I mention it is super easy? Check out the new video below.
#DecemberCountdown #HappyHolidays #NewVideo #HolidayRecipe
- 4 Tbsp butter (we use Earth Balance, non-dairy alternative)
- 1 cup butternut squash
- 4 cups of sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp chopped thyme
- 1/2 cup (or more) chicken stock, vegetable stock, or water
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk cream (from the top of the can) You can substitute 1 cup heavy cream.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes and butternut squash.
- Over medium heat, melt the butter and add the squash, sweet potatoes, cinnamon, thyme, and stock.
- Cover, and let it simmer and steam until completely soft. Stir occasionally, and add more stock if necessary.
- When the sweet potatoes and squash are soft, transfer into a food processor and pulse a few times to break up the mixture.
- Then, while the food processor is running, drop spoonfuls of the coconut cream in, until it has all incorporated, and the mixture is velvety smooth.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Pulse the food processor a few times to make sure the salt and pepper are incorporated, and serve.