Some of you know I love to play volleyball, and this Crunchy Savory Snack Mix is perfect to share with my teammates between games! It’s nutty, crunchy, crispy, buttery, a little tangy…it’s hard not to eat the whole batch! This is similar to snack mixes you can buy at the store, but we make it with wholesome ingredients and you know exactly what’s in it.
Take it to your next sporting event!
- 6 Tablespoons butter (we used Earth Balance, a non-dairy substitute)
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2-1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (12.3 oz) box Multi-Grain Squares cereal
- 1 cup spelt pretzels
- 1 cup pita chips
- 1 cup unsalted almonds
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a large roasting pan.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, seasoning salt, onion powder, and garlic powder and mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and mix well, making sure the sauce is coating the mixture evenly.
- Place the roasting pan in the oven for an hour, stirring every 15 minutes or so, until the mix is golden and crispy, and all moisture from the sauce has evaporated.
- Spread it out on paper towels and let it cool to room temperature. Store in an airtight container.