NFL fans everywhere will want to eat these crispy, flavorful, can’t-eat-just-one wings! These baked wings are just as crispy as fried wings, and we serve a buttery-spicy-tangy sauce for dipping on the side.
Be sure to use the amounts shown in the recipe – resist the temptation to add more baking powder and salt!
Our whole family LOVES these, and they are always gone so fast! I hope you love them as much as we do. 😀
- About 30 chicken wings and drumettes
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter (or butter alternative)
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken on a wire rack or on a paper-towel lined plate and let it dry out for a few hours, or overnight.
- Preheat oven 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place 1 teaspoon salt and baking powder in a plastic bag, and shake to combine. Add the chicken, and toss to coat. It will be a very thin coat - resist the urge to add more baking powder or salt!
- Place coated chicken on a wired rack sprayed with oil and placed on a foiled baking tray.
- Place in oven for 30 minutes to let the fat melt away, then increase the heat to 425 degrees so the chicken can become crisp. Let it cook for 40-50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all Buffalo sauce ingredients in a sauce pan over medium heat. Let the butter melt, and combine thoroughly.
- Serve the sauce on the side of the chicken, and enjoy!