A couple years ago my family went to Italy for a family vacation, and while we were there we had this fantastic risotto that was creamy, thick, rich and heavenly, and that was when I truly fell in love with risotto. I always wanted to create my own risotto recipe with my own fillings and flavors and really make it my own. here it is – my mushroom, spinach and goat cheese risotto. For those of you who know me, I absolutely love goat cheese and mushrooms, and the spinach adds such a nice colorful, hearty element.
The thing about risotto is it takes a little extra love and care, but with this recipe I promise you, it will be worth it. Get in the kitchen, roll up your sleeves and get ready to wow your guests and family with this creamy, tangy, hearty, rich, savory risotto! It is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. 😍
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 1 onion
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 boxes mushrooms
- 2 cups arborio rice
- ½ cup white wine
- 6-8 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups spinach
- ⅓ cup goat cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot over medium high heat, add your oil, onions and garlic. Sautee for a few minutes until the onions are translucent
- Add your mushrooms and cook for another 5-10 minutes until the are soft and cooked through
- Add your rice and mix well, toasting it for a minute in the pot with the mushrooms.
- In a pot on the side, heat up your chicken stock over medium heat.
- Add in your white wine and mix until all the liquid is absorbed
- One ladleful at a time, add in your stock, mixing well until all the liquid has been absorbed by the rice.
- Repeat step 6, until your rice is cooked (still has a bite to it, but isn’t mushy – like al dente pasta) or until you have run out of liquid.
- Once your risotto is cooked, add in your spinach and mix until it is wilted
- Mix in your goat cheese until it is partially melted.
- Taste and add salt and pepper to taste