You guys on Instagram asked, so here it is!
Because I’m on Rachael vs. Guy Kids Cook-Off on Food Network, I’m not allowed to make cooking videos until the end of the year, so I am posting images and the recipe. But as soon as I can, I’ll make a cooking video for this and post it! Thanks for your patience!
Chocolate-Hazelnut Spread (Homemade Nutella)
We have a hazelnut tree in our yard. Every September, we gather hazelnuts and roast them in the oven - they are so delicious! But this year, I decided to try making a homemade Nutella. It took a little experimenting, but I like this one. It's not too sweet and the dark organic chocolate gives it a nice flavor. It's a healthier choice than the jarred spreads!
- 1 cup hazelnuts, roasted, and skins removed by rubbing between cloth
- 3/4 cup organic, dark chocolate (chop into small pieces or use chips)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey (or agave if you are vegan)
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place hazelnuts on a sheet pan and roast for about 15 minutes, or golden. After they are cool enough to touch, put them between 2 pieces of cloth and rub the skins off.
- In a medium saucepan, combine chocolate, almond milk, honey and salt. Melt the chocolate over low heat and mix. Let it cool.
- Add the hazelnuts to a food processor and pulse it until it is a paste. It can still be a little grainy at this point.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the food processor and pulse until creamy.
- Store your Chocolate-Hazelnut spread in the fridge.
- It's great on apples as a snack!
Cook With Amber http://www.cookwithamber.com/
Wow! Looks amazing!
Thanks everyone! 🙂 I hope you like it! 🙂
This is the recipe I want!! Video please!!
im making that tonight as a side!!!
Please just end the madness now. If you keep posting pictures of these recipes for the next three months, I’ll die from hunger.
i think amber, you did great on Rachel vs guy and i wish you could have won but she did great and i wish i could have tried her egg role she made it looked great but probably tasted better amber good luck on your culinary future think of it this way where have you been no one on that show has THE WHITE HOUSE so they have their advantages and you have yours you are great and because of you now i never stop thinking of ways to make recipes! every child has someone they look up to like batman or their mom but amber i look up to you! you inspire me to cook with no limits if i had a chance to meet you we would never stop cooking! am i right!?!?!?! so just wanted you to know great job and i hope you win next time
your biggest fan ever,
P.S. i bought a whole bunch of jars can’t wait until i can create the gifts another reason christmas should be everyday!!!!
Thanks Emily! I had such a great time Thanks for supporting me! 🙂
Can’t wait to try it! I like how you use dark chocolate as milk is just too sweet for me. How long will it keep in the fridge?
You can keep it in the fridge for about a week. 🙂
Hi Amber. I am a really big fan of yours. I watched all of the Rachel vs Guy Kids Cook Off episodes and to tell the truth, I really wanted you to win! Don’t worry, I’ll still follow your website/blog. Your recipes are really amazing! Because of you, I’m really considering cooking! Do you think you could tell mewhat it was like to be on the RvG Kids show? Thanks
Hi LLaria! Being on the show was an experience of a lifetime and i had so much fun! I had fun no matter who won and I am still happy for Gibson! 🙂
hey about all the she’s i meant you amber sorry 🙂
I live in MI and out of this state there is no cool healthy girl like you. Your a great girl. And I have one question:
you and your family look Asian. Are U?
Your mom is really lucky to have such a talented girl. you rocked on food network. please reply.
Thanks Michelle! I am half Japanese! Thanks for commenting! 🙂
Hi Iam hope
Hi Iam hope are you in collige
Hi Iam hope are you in collige
What are you going to say in the vido do not do something the comments say
hi amber kelly im a huge fan plz reply to my comment bye 🙂
Thank you so much for your support!