Sometimes it’s good to cheat! Pho is the type of food that makes you feel all warm and toasty and comfortable inside. Check out episode 8: Cheater’s Pho!
Cheater's Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup)
Broth (we double the broth, since we like a lot of broth)
- 2 quarts of organic chicken stock
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 star anise
- 4 cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
The "stuff" in the broth (amounts vary on your taste)
- Carrots, sliced into disks
- Cabbage, cut into bite-size pieces
- Broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- Store-bought organic rotisserie chicken, shredded into bite-sized pieces
- Onion, sliced
- Rice stick noodles, soaked in hot water according to package instructions
- (optional) basil, lime wedges, mung bean sprouts
- Pour chicken broth into a pot, and add fish sauce, bay leaves ground ginger, and coriander. Put the star-anise and cloves into a tea strainer or cheese cloth tied with twine and place it in the broth. Let it come to a boil, then simmer.
- Put a bit of broccoli, cabbage, carrots, chicken, and onion in the broth and let them cook until tender.
- Put some softened rice noodles into a bowl, and ladle the broth. Pick out some veggies and chicken to place on top. You can add fresh basil, mung bean sprouts, and a squeeze of lime if you wish. Sriracha sauce is also a nice addition.
Cook With Amber http://www.cookwithamber.com/