You are never too busy to make a delicious homemade meal with these favorites! Q13 FOX News invited me to share these wholesome, flavorful dishes:
– Overnight Soy Ginger Chicken
– Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic Herb Drizzle
– Chocolate Peanut Butter Soft Serve Ice Cream
Thank you so much, Q13 FOX News, Kaci, Brien, M.J. and Bhavisha!
- 3-4 pounds skin-on, bone-in drumsticks and thighs
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 5 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic pressed through a garlic press
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Chopped green onions for garnish
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Place chicken pieces in a big ziplock bag, and pour in the marinade. Get as much air out as possible and seal.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 24 hours, turning once or twice so the marinade can seep into all the chicken.
- When you are ready to bake the chicken, take the chicken out of the refrigerator and place in an oven-proof baking dish, skin side up (our 4 pounds of chicken barely fit into a 13x9 dish.)
- Pour the marinade over the chicken into the baking dish.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes at 475 degrees, until the chicken is cooked through and the skin becomes dark and crispy.
- If the skin isn't browned, you can also turn the broiler on for a few minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the dish and put on a platter. Garnish with green onions.
- If desired, put the marinade/sauce from the baking dish into a oil/fat separator cup and pour the sauce over your chicken (and rice if you are serving over rice.)
- Bon Appetit! 😀
- 1 head cauliflower
- Grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, pressed through a garlic press
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets and put onto a baking pan.
- Drizzle some grapeseed oil, just enough to lightly coat the cauliflower. Toss with your hands to coat.
- Roast in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until the edges are brown and crispy.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, place all of the Garlic-Herb drizzle ingredients into a bowl, and mix to combine. Let it sit so the flavors can meld.
- Place the hot cauliflower onto a plate and drizzle with the Garlic-Herb Drizzle, making sure to get some of the garlic and herbs onto the cauliflower.
- Serve immediately.
- Serves 4.
- Prep time: 4 minutes. Cook time: 20 minutes. Total time: 25 minutes.
- 2 frozen very ripe bananas
- 1/4-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the banana, 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk, cocoa powder, peanut butter, salt, and vanilla into a high-speed blender.
- Blend until smooth. If needed, add more almond milk to enable the blender to catch the ingredients. If you add too much almond milk, it will turn into a milkshake (nothing wrong with that!) 😀