This dish is so easy to make, I only needed help from my mom to crush the garlic and test the chicken for doneness. The sauce cooks with the chicken, and you can use the sauce as dressing for mixed greens to serve with the chicken. SO GOOD! Make enough for leftovers!
Inspired by Ina Garten’s Barefoot Contessa recipe for Lemon Chicken Breasts: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/lemon-chicken-breasts-recipe/index.html
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons crushed or minced garlic (9 cloves)
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine the oil, garlic, wine, lemon zest, lemon juice, oregano, and thyme in a 9×12 baking dish and stir.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry, and place them on the sauce.
- Brush some extra-virgin olive oil on the top of the chicken breasts, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cut the lemon in 8 wedges and tuck it among the pieces of chicken.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts, until the chicken is done. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Serve with mixed greens and use the sauce as dressing.