Hummus with Kalamata Olives
This is a great dip to go with vegetables at parties. We make it all the time. Kalamata olives are not regular olives. They are AWESOME olives! Enjoy!
- 1 garlic
- 2 cans garbanzo beans, drained
- Juice from 1.5 lemons
- Extra-virgin olive oil, about 1/2 cup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives
- Parsley for garnish
1. In a food processor, process garlic until chopped fine.
2. Add beans, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and some oil in the food processor and blend.
3. Continue to add oil a little bit at a time, and process until smooth. Hummus needs to be processed quite a bit to get nice and creamy.
4. Add some kalamata olives and pulse just enough to break them into small pieces. Transfer mixture to a serving plate.
5. Sprinkle with parsley and olives, and serve with raw vegetable sticks.
Episodes showing this recipe